Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Sky


Another sky picture saved up for a rainy day, which today was: cold with a dusting of snow when I woke up, but warming up just enough to rain (fortunately) later in the day. Typical March New England weather, and the flowers will be the better for all the rain, at least so I keep telling myself.

I finished plying the BFL, and my first thought was to spin laceweight out of some gray/purple superwash merino, but it proved to be way too slippery for me to contend with. Maybe when I have something a bit easier under my belt I'll have enough laceweight mojo to try again. So I'm now working on laceweight from a Grafton Fibers batt in a purple-red mixture. The Woolee Winder has gotten very noisy all of a sudden, but the spinning is coming along nicely. Tomorrow's weather forecast is more of the same, so I'll keep myself warm with a Grafton sunset.

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good prescription. The snow was rather demoralizing. I have to rake leaves, and so far, nothing is helping this weatherwise.

    I'm not sure why the WW is noisy.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:08 AM  

  • What kind of noise is your WW making?

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:42 AM  

  • Ah, the serene, seduction of spinning. Whatever it is can just wait till I finish this bobbin. . .

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home