Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Walnut-Sized Brain

(No, I'm not usually up this late.)

One reason it had been one of those days was that I had more or less booted Callie out the door around 10 this morning, or rather yesterday morning — since the snow is finally melting, I figured she might find a nice friendly patch of ground instead of the aloe plant for a change (the said plant being now deceased, as we finally found something it couldn't live through) — and she hadn't come back all day. Usually she has a low tolerance for cold weather and will appear at the back door, mewing piteously, after 20 minutes or so. I'd walked around our end of the neighborhood a couple of times, once before dark, once after; I'd gone out to call her repeatedly, even though I'd decided around five o'clock that she was probably holed up in someone's garage; I'd been obsessively playing the hamster game all day, not wanting to think about... other possibilities. (We've had coyote sightings in the neighborhood.)


She's sitting on my lap as I type.

Wretched animal.

(She wouldn't tell me where she'd been, either. They never do.)

7 Comments:

  • Sounds like she needs a Cat Cam:
    http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/cc_index_en.htm

    But I was glad to read she was in your lap!

    By Blogger Alwen, at 7:05 AM  

  • Pesky felines! I have to go before Linus sees this & starts getting ideas.

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:37 AM  

  • Brat. Good thing she's pretty.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 9:14 AM  

  • She really does have the most magnificent tail.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:26 AM  

  • You should send her out with a guard llama...

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 11:15 AM  

  • KITTY!

    Don't you hate it when they do that? Our Bear did that for two days once and I was frantic. Glad your kitty is home safe!

    Happy endings are the best.

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 11:55 AM  

  • At least she didn't go back up the tree! Or if she did, she found her own way down... ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home