Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Recycled Material

In the category of "things I always meant to do but didn't get around to until desperately seeking blog fodder"...


remember this scarf?

Here's a chart for it.


And here are the written instructions.

Cast on a multiple of 6 sts plus 3: I used 27 sts at about 4 sts per inch.
Row 1: k4, *p1, k5, end last repeat k4.
Row 2: p4, *k1, p5, end last repeat p4.
Row 3: repeat row 1.
Row 4: k3, *p1, k1, p1, k3.
Row 5: p3, *k1, p1, k1, p3.
Row 6: repeat row 4.
Repeat these 6 rows until done, ending with row 3 if you're anal about symmetry. Bind off.

Enjoy. It'll be up on my Comcast site and linked from Ravelry as soon as I get to it, tomorrow, I hope.

In an attempt to give you a better idea of what the pattern looks like, I made a nice blue square (when taking digital photos, dread the red) and took pictures of it.



Hmm. Well, I tried. Maybe tomorrow, in natural light?

About that square: a blogger I read fairly regularly (I think) is collecting 8-inch squares for a blanket her father? uncle? family friend? who is in a nursing home. I'll be damned if I can remember who. If someone could identify her I would be pleased to send it to her (I'll try to block it into a closer approximation of something my ninth-grade geometry teacher might recognize as a square first).

11 Comments:

  • Maryse (Bag n Trash) is collecting them for Elisa (Concateknit)'s dad. Which reminds me....I should get on that.

    By Blogger Norma, at 5:47 AM  

  • Norma gave you the info, she's right.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:36 AM  

  • Norma's fast.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:08 AM  

  • But the squares need to be washable -- this blanket won't be handwashed!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 8:57 AM  

  • Neat design. You rock! I see no reason why you can't knit a whole sweater if you want to. My Gosh, woman, you even design lace!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:54 AM  

  • Nice! I see you already have your answer:)

    By Blogger Carol, at 11:08 AM  

  • Ooh, reversible... we likes that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • Ok, I don't have to answer who needs the blanket squares. This is a great pattern. I may use it for that cause. Thanks.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 8:45 AM  

  • Thanks for pointing me here :) I'm thinking of using one of my handspuns for this pattern!!!

    Cheers Eva (sweetpea16 on Rav)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • Elisa ewoldt known as concateknit slept with a married man. She knew he was married, living with his family and kids but that didn’t stop her. She even had to fly to another state to having the affair with him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  

  • Elisa Ewoldt slept with a married man knowing he was married. She is from Florida.

    By Blogger Lacy, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home