Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Recycled Material

In the category of "things I always meant to do but didn't get around to until desperately seeking blog fodder"...


remember this scarf?

Here's a chart for it.


And here are the written instructions.

Cast on a multiple of 6 sts plus 3: I used 27 sts at about 4 sts per inch.
Row 1: k4, *p1, k5, end last repeat k4.
Row 2: p4, *k1, p5, end last repeat p4.
Row 3: repeat row 1.
Row 4: k3, *p1, k1, p1, k3.
Row 5: p3, *k1, p1, k1, p3.
Row 6: repeat row 4.
Repeat these 6 rows until done, ending with row 3 if you're anal about symmetry. Bind off.

Enjoy. It'll be up on my Comcast site and linked from Ravelry as soon as I get to it, tomorrow, I hope.

In an attempt to give you a better idea of what the pattern looks like, I made a nice blue square (when taking digital photos, dread the red) and took pictures of it.



Hmm. Well, I tried. Maybe tomorrow, in natural light?

About that square: a blogger I read fairly regularly (I think) is collecting 8-inch squares for a blanket her father? uncle? family friend? who is in a nursing home. I'll be damned if I can remember who. If someone could identify her I would be pleased to send it to her (I'll try to block it into a closer approximation of something my ninth-grade geometry teacher might recognize as a square first).

9 Comments:

  • Maryse (Bag n Trash) is collecting them for Elisa (Concateknit)'s dad. Which reminds me....I should get on that.

    By Blogger Norma, at 5:47 AM  

  • Norma gave you the info, she's right.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:36 AM  

  • Norma's fast.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:08 AM  

  • But the squares need to be washable -- this blanket won't be handwashed!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 8:57 AM  

  • Neat design. You rock! I see no reason why you can't knit a whole sweater if you want to. My Gosh, woman, you even design lace!

    By Blogger Roxie, at 9:54 AM  

  • Nice! I see you already have your answer:)

    By Blogger Carol, at 11:08 AM  

  • Ooh, reversible... we likes that.

    By Anonymous Beth S., at 3:35 PM  

  • Ok, I don't have to answer who needs the blanket squares. This is a great pattern. I may use it for that cause. Thanks.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 8:45 AM  

  • Thanks for pointing me here :) I'm thinking of using one of my handspuns for this pattern!!!

    Cheers Eva (sweetpea16 on Rav)

    By OpenID sweetpea16, at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home