Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mittens

My mittens are all done except for the thumbs, which I'm working on, and since I got a request for the pattern, I've put it in the sidebar. It's a little rough around the edges, but at least it's up.

I always feel sort of funny about picking names for my patterns — especially if I'm submitting one for publication, I feel pressed to come up with something creative, trendy, too-too-ever-so. In reaction against that I considered calling these Chicken Pox, but I was informed at knitting group this morning that there wasn't enough contrast between the two pinks to really resemble chicken pox, and they looked more like raspberries. So Raspberry Mittens it is. I'm about to put the pattern up on Ravelry too.

3 Comments:

  • I saw your mittens on Ravelry. Very nice.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 12:59 AM  

  • The pattern looks good to me! I don't have the guts to publish, free or otherwise, so you go, girl!

    By Blogger Annie, at 8:39 AM  

  • Raspberry is a great name for those.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home