Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dirt Simple



All hail the miracle of natural light! Is that better? Yep, I thought so. The pattern is in the sidebar.

My list of intentions for 2008 included this one:

Design my first triangular shawl. (Dirt-simple diamond pattern doesn't count.)

The dirt-simple diamond pattern, which I wrote several years ago, is now in the sidebar as well. (The recycling continues, but, hey, two knitting posts in a row.) I like it because it is, as we say in geekland, an extensible paradigm: it can make a coaster, or a table mat, or a king-size bedspread; or it could stop in the middle and make a triangular shawl. And, once you get the pattern set up, the lace is totally mindless. (Give it a spin, Roxie.)

(Remember about ten years ago, when venture capitalists were throwing vulgar wads of money at anyone who could string together phrases like "extensible paradigm"? Just in case that ever happens again, I'm keeping this bookmarked.)

2 Comments:

  • I like that link! Some people at work still speak like that. My boss has been known to ask me to "de-jargonize" faculty writing.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 11:13 AM  

  • Thank you for the patterns and the bullshit! That's too much! I can see it now, enriching our vocabulary through bullshit. ~snort~

    By Blogger Carol, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home