Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Spinnin' With My Peeps

Having enjoyed over a week of delightful holiday celebration and family time — and I did truly enjoy every minute of it — yesterday I slithered out of the house right after lunch and jaunted off with Ruth for some spinning, knitting, and much talk and laughter at Danielle's. There was food and drink, and I saw many great and wonderful old friends and made a few new ones too, including the lovely but blogless Mary, who was spinning some absolutely gorgeous purply-blue merino. (And I know I missed at least a couple of people in the linkfest. Take pity on the amnesic, for Pete's sake, and leave a comment and a link if you have one.)

The Empress WoolyBabe held court, as did a couple of her contemporaries. There were sweaters and socks, and there were birds in and on hands. If my daughter ever finishes her homework so I can steal the laptop to upload pictures, I'll prove it all to you.

Finally! Herewith a whirlwind tour of Danielle's living room:




9 Comments:

  • Such a wonderful afternoon! Absolutely perfect.

    But what I really want to know is -- does Danielle ever take a bad picture? Seriously. Jesus. H. I bet she practices that smile in the mirror. She's clearly practicing for her Danielle for President campaign photo shoot.

    By Blogger FemiKnitMafia, at 12:06 AM  

  • I spent a good many years posing for synchronized swimming photos. I learned how to take a good photo. (Many things get sucked in for a brief period of time.) Thanks for bringing the camera. Mine never made it out. Mind if I lift a photo or two?

    By Blogger Danielle, at 12:11 AM  

  • Sounds like such fun. Wish I could have joined you all!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:20 AM  

  • wish i had been able to make it! :(

    By Blogger Mini, at 9:28 AM  

  • Good Lord, that baby's cheeks are big. You'd think I'd know that, but I think the "camera adds 10 pounds" rule applies here.

    It was a fun day. Thanks for taking your life in your hands to drive there with me in that Weather.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:17 AM  

  • What a splendid day! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Awesome mittens by the way. Elegant color choice!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:19 AM  

  • Danielle, can you give lessons? I could seriously use them, as evidenced by all the rejects for our Christmas card (uhm, now New Years) picture.

    Thanks for posting all the links! I've been trying to attach faces to blogs since New Years Day!

    And lastly, it was nice to meet you!

    By Blogger Erin, at 12:44 PM  

  • Good to see you, as usual!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

  • It was so nice to get to meet you in person, too! (And then to see you again yesterday morning at Kimball's. . . god, I'm far behind on my blog reading.) I've been having so much fun with ya'll that I think I'm going to have to try to continue to be more social.

    By Blogger Susan, at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home