Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

You Say You Want Some Resolutions

Just when you thought it was safe... hello again. Between a post I'm having trouble writing (but I will write it soon) and serial visitations from relatives (my SIL and her kids went home yesterday), it's been a fallow time here in blogland. I'm afraid even to look at my bloglines — I've read and dropped a comment or two, but have been quiet enough to provoke a couple of "are you still there?" emails.

In the spirit of the season I've been looking back at last year's list of resolutions: I didn't do too badly, having accomplished six or seven of them, depending on how generously you want to interpret "make at least 5 pairs of socks." If the three pairs I have on the needles and the three I actually completed all count, I'm in like Flynn. (Who was Flynn, anyway, and what was he trying to get into?) I didn't finish a sweater, or knit a garment from handspun (ha! I've been working on the same bobbin for about a year), or buy a bike, so I have those to work on this year. I did submit several designs for publication, but none has been accepted yet. In the cheesy but true words of Wayne Gretzky, your average is zero on the shots you don't take, so I'll keep on trying.

There was a lot more about lists and goals and stuff like that that I meant to write, but since I plan to at least try to post every day (anyone want to take bets on how long that will last?), I have about seven minutes to get this one up, and I should save some for tomorrow.



Happy New Year, everyone!

Oh, and I'll announce the contest winner soon. Since there were only three entrants (apparently not everyone spends her free time obsessively perusing stitch dictionaries), all of you will get a little something.

8 Comments:

  • I'm ready to dive in to test knitting for you. Let me know if you see any Ultra Alpaca on sale this week :) If not, I'll order it from Webs along with the yarn that I need for a sweater for my dad. That'll get me to the 20% discount for sure!

    By Blogger Danielle, at 7:26 AM  

  • Welcome back!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:35 AM  

  • Pretty skies!

    By Blogger Ruth, at 7:41 AM  

  • Welcome back.... i'll blog if you will! :)

    If you need a test knitter... just give a shout. :)

    By Blogger Mini, at 8:16 AM  

  • "In like Flynn" is a disputed phrase, usually attributed to Errol Flynn and his reputation as a womanizer, but it really is older than that - attributed to "Boss" Flynn who was a New York Democratic campaign organizer with an ability to get his favored candidates elected.

    See you tonight?

    By Blogger Jena, at 10:18 AM  

  • There you are! Happy New Year! The one thing that never figures into our goal lists are the unexpected things. Cut yourself some slack you did a great job!

    By Blogger Carol, at 12:39 PM  

  • Hey and welcome back! I bet if you ran that contest in February, you'd've gotten more response. I managed only 1 of my short list (make dh a sweater), and perhaps 'stashbusting', but since I tripled the stash... not sure that counts. I'm such a philistine I might've said in like flynt and wondered who THAT was...

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:17 PM  

  • Bless your dear heart. You survived the year. I'd say that gets you a big gold star and kisses from all concerned!

    Sorry I didn't jump on your contest with both feet, but somehow it almost looked like work (find book, look up picture, match patterns to book . . .) and I am so dead-possum lazy that even my fleas have abandoned me.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home