Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Let's Talk About Knitting

...maybe that will take my mind off this infernal word game that I can't seem to stop playing. It's so bad that I completely spaced knitting group this morning. Sorry, guys, you can give me 30 lashes with a wet skein.


I started these mittens last summer as airplane knitting — a very simple stranded pattern that wouldn't overtax my jet-lagged brain. I am still behind on my, um, I'm calling it winter knitting, but it's in time-out at the moment while I muster the strength to tink several rows. So I pulled the mittens out earlier this week and, having finally untangled the yarn and sworn to myself never again to do two stranded mittens (or socks) on two circs, I've warmed again to their spotted simplicity.

I've been asked for the pattern, and it will be forthcoming, but first I have to play more get some sleep. (It's a humbling experience, I tell you true. The game is basically online Boggle, with a somewhat different scoring system. I used to think I was pretty good at Boggle, but most of the time I'm happy with half the top score.)

8 Comments:

  • It can be very hard to turn off the computer games and knit. But I know you can do it.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:55 AM  

  • Get off the computer and finish those mittens! (Says she who is running late to work and checking in on bloglines...)

    By Blogger Danielle, at 7:14 AM  

  • Nice mittens! It looks like you are in the home stretch.

    The computer is so-o seductive. Five more minutes, just five more minutes!

    BTW, my mom's floor looks just like that.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 8:36 AM  

  • Are you addicted to Babble, by chance? If so, I'm in the same boat and have no advice.

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 8:46 AM  

  • Lovely mitties! Good color choice and perfect work, as usual. I still resist the call of the bogglesite. I'm done for if I succumb!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:50 AM  

  • I love how you consider stranded *anything* to be airplane knitting. Someday I want to be like that. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 PM  

  • I love those mittens!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:15 PM  

  • Knir more! Compute less! Easily said, no? The mittens are great!

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home