Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Paradise Regained

Let's hear a rousing round of applause for the Rangeley Public Library, which has an Internet connection and a bunch of computers just for the use of Web-deprived tourists (but since there is generally a line, this will be a short post). They will also let us borrow books. They are altogether lovely people, but then librarians generally are.

The library is, however, but a small cherry atop the most chocolaty, berry-studded, ice-cream-scrumptious, whipped-cream-smothered confection of a vacation spot I have ever experienced. Despite that verbose and fattening metaphor, neither my words nor my pictures will be remotely equal to the task of conveying to you how amazing this place is, not that I won't try.

This is the view from the front deck of the place we rent.


Miss B knows what to do.


(Is that water blue enough for you, Margene?)

Finally, I give you a sky picture, complete with water, mountains, and accidental duck. There are lots more where that came from (mostly without ducks), so stay tuned.

13 Comments:

  • oh man, that looks so great. i'm so jealous of miss B.

    By Blogger maryse, at 3:01 PM  

  • ::sigh::
    blue water...
    ::sigh again::

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 4:26 PM  

  • Fabulous views, it's relaxing just to see the pictures from here :)

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:39 PM  

  • The accidental duck just MAKES the picture. Otherwise, it's a blues sonata by Chopin. But with the duck - Boss Scaggs!!

    Air mattress, sunblock, big hat. Tie a rope to your ankle so you don't drift too far out. BECOME the floatie! Ahhhh. . .

    By Blogger roxie, at 6:43 PM  

  • What a lovely place! Glad you're back safe and sound.

    By Blogger Annie, at 7:01 PM  

  • Luscious!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

  • Lovely! Miss B looks like an ad for the most perfect vacation.
    Have fun!!
    Karen
    http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • Maine. Sigh! I wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:43 PM  

  • OK< that pic of Miss B ought to be submitted in a photo contest! I mean it! It is a perfect perfect summer picture :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 PM  

  • hmmmmmmm. water.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 11:44 PM  

  • I'm from Maine! You're only a few hours away from me. I love the Rangeley area. A friend of mine has a camp up there and I go as often as I'm invited! Enjoy your stay in our beautiful state!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • I'm so glad you appreciate the wonder of librarians!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 12:03 PM  

  • I love that picture from the deck. You cn almost smell the pines, the wood, the water, everything. Sigh...

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home