Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Different Perspective

OK, I misspoke (miswrote?). I should have said I thought the ceiling was trying to send me messages, but the letters I saw kept dancing about and recombining so much that I couldn't make sense of them, although I kept at it for the abovementioned six hours. Maybe this is why people become acid freaks: they are determined to figure out what the ceiling is trying to say. Luckily, I have a short attention span.

Also, nowadays I have Miss B to give me a new angle on the world. Last week I took my first Trekalong trek with her down to the nearby conservation land to show the sock (there is a sock now, really) my Thoughtful Spot. The sock was suitably pensive over the whole experience, but more on that later. Thanks to Miss B, I saw this.


Beauty in a skunk cabbage. I never noticed before how many roots it has, the better to get all the water it needs.

6 Comments:

  • ick.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 11:50 AM  

  • The skunk cabbage is a pretty plant. Reminds me of growing up in the woods, near a wetland.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 PM  

  • Hehe! More about that acid trip! I don't think I ever even had a chance to try anything like acid. I really didn't go to house parties (I'm an introvert - too many people = stress).

    I don't think I've ever seen a sunk cabbage. Thanks for the picture!

    By Blogger AngeliasKnitting, at 9:33 PM  

  • Good for you for having the camera along! Today I saw a butterfly on a cone flower, but the camera was at home...............

    By Blogger I need orange, at 9:35 PM  

  • I see the skunk cabbage. I don't see the sock. Did the sock see the skunk cabbage?

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:38 AM  

  • What is skunk cabbage anyway... like a hosta?

    By Blogger Annie, at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home