Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, July 10, 2006

Sock About Town

Having experienced the delights of skunk cabbage and Thoughtful Spot, the sock pronounced itself ready for a night on the town. When we arrived at the Javaroom last Wednesday we found a bigger group than we had yet seen there.


That lovely pink thing is Liz's Malabrigo sweater — oh, and the happy woman wearing it is Liz. Hi, Liz! She did take it off at one point, but, sadly, at no time did she turn her back while I was holding it. I think she knows me too well.


The sock and I made ourselves right at home. Hi, Lynne! Hi, Jena! Hi, Julie! Hi, Nicole, Marianne, and everybody!


The sock got to meet some cousins being knitted by the lovely Amber (hi, Amber!). I had forgotten that Trekking made self-striping yarn; not surprising, really, as I've forgotten more than I ever knew. Since Amber and I were working with the very same needles (Addi size 0, magic-loop technique), I confirmed what I always suspected: I'm an extremely tight knitter. I kinda wondered if 11 sts to the inch might be a lot, and now I know it's true. Between that and the ribbing pattern I chose, the sock and I will be spending a lot of time together. Life is good.

7 Comments:

  • It seems it happens about 3 or 4 times a year that the planets align and we get a tremendously large group like that. I'm glad it happened on a night I could be there :) I shall be absent again for the next three weeks. Darn. I wonder if you might even knit more tightly than Carrie- she's a pretty tight knitter too.

    By Blogger Julie, at 7:26 AM  

  • Dogs who need to be walked are good pets because they force us to get out and exercise. Socks that need to trek are good for the same reason, and socks are soo much easier to socialize with. Socks can play together without disturbing anyone else. Socks can go to coffeeshops and sit inside. Socks do not require pooper scoopers (ick)Trekking socks have so much fun that I am tempted to join the party.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:07 AM  

  • Sounds like a fun night. Great to see pictures of everyone.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 10:08 AM  

  • lol! I think I too, have forgotten more than I ever knew!

    Your sock is really getting around. What a great (knitting) group you have!

    By Blogger AngeliasKnitting, at 11:15 AM  

  • My Trekking socks are like your Trekking socks, knit very tightly on size 0's. I'm also at 11 spi. Around and around and around we go...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

  • Hee. You forgot all about the jacquard Trekkings. Why do I find that so funny? ;-)

    BTW--I found the label! My blue pair are #104.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 9:54 AM  

  • I can see my foot!!! :) ;)

    By Blogger Jena, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home