Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Color Me Late

So what else is new? I'm a little behind schedule posting my answers for the Favorite Color Swap. Without further ado, patient pal, here we go.

  1. What are your top three favorite colors?

    Purple, blue, blue-green, in that order. I also like reds, especially purplish ones. I like deep and bright colors. My least favorite color is mustard yellow.

  2. What crafts do you really enjoy?

    Knitting and spinning. I've done some dyeing but am by no means an expert yet.

  3. What products do you really covet?

    Qiviut, of course. Getting closer to financial sanity, I also crave Mountain Colors Bearfoot and alpaca laceweight.

  4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?

    Reading, walking in the woods, word games.

  5. Is there anything you collect?

    Cat hair. Oh, you mean on purpose? Yarn and fiber, but you knew that. Apart from stash enhancement, I'm not really big on collecting things.

  6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?

    Sun sign: Pisces. Chinese zodiac symbol: boar.

  7. What are your favorite…

    • scents/smells?
      Vanilla, lavender, orange. Please note: I am allergic to scented candles.
    • types of music and/or bands?
      Mozart, Beethoven, Dire Straits, Jewel.
    • authors?
      Vikram Seth, Dorothy Sayers, Simone de Beauvoir.
    • animals?
      Cats, llamas, alpacas, dragons.
    • places to shop?
      Fiber festivals, funky used-clothing stores.
    • season?
      Late spring/early summer.
    • yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?
      See 3 above. Also any yarn with merino and/or alpaca content, especially hand-dyed in my colors. I like lightweight yarn, DK or lighter.
    • candies or goodies?
      Dark chocolate. Don't send it through the mail, though, lest it melt.

  8. Do you have any wish lists?

    I think I already covered everything.

  9. Are you allergic to anything?

    Strong perfumes such as those in scented candles.

  10. Do you have any pets? What are they?

    Five cats.

  11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you — anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.

    Don't stress out about this! I'm pretty easy to please.

5 Comments:

  • What swap have I missed now? This sounds like fun.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9:57 PM  

  • Fun list! Just having met you, I would have thought you'd like "mustard yellow" (okay I tend to jump to the defense of the yellows.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:02 AM  

  • Yes! What a wonderful list. And just think of all of those who aren't swap-involved who now know such nice things about you!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:42 AM  

  • Just caught your poetry on Dave's blog. Applause, applause, applause!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:24 PM  

  • Thanks Lucia, I'll start hoarding a little treasure for you!
    Secret Pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home