Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Rain in Maine

It is said that there are four seasons of the year in Maine: almost wintuh, wintuh, still wintuh, and...


construction.

It was raining as we drove up to the Fiber Frolic (getting a free massage along the way, courtesy of the washboard road), and still raining lightly as we grabbed lunch (outdoors) and watched the sheepdog demo.


The sheep don't mind the rain, but they are nervous.


Can you blame them?

After the demo, Miss B talked with some more sheep.


Baby lambs! So cute! (Yes, I know "baby lambs" is redundant. So sue me. So cute!)


Baby bunnies! So cute! (Miss B, are you reading this? No, you still cannot have one.)

I am ending this post right here, having apparently degenerated into total baby-critter-induced mush. (However, you still still cannot have one.) Tune in tomorrow when the chronicle of our Exciting Maine Adventure continues. Next up: llamas, followed by more llamas, followed by Llama Drill Team! You won't want to miss it.

4 Comments:

  • Lambies! And bunny-wunnies! Ahhhhhh, they're so cute! Yes they ARE!

    Sorry. Everything but baby birds takes me like that. Not so much that I want the work and worry of having them, though. No, Miss B. If you were my child you would have no lambs, rabbits, puppies, goldfish, gerbils,antfarms, . . . I suppose you could share one of the cats if it was allright with him, but that means you would get all the litterbox and veterinarian stuff, too. Aren't you glad you're not my kid?

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:18 PM  

  • Thanks for the post and pics. I was wondering how it was up there. Staying tuned...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 AM  

  • occasionally we throw in "mud" instead of "construction" but in general, those seasons are 100% correct.

    I missed the drill team and am looking forward to your pictures!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • Too funny! I'm sorry I missed the camellid celebrationl

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home