Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu

After days and days and days of murk, the sky is blue. Lambent, cerulean blue. You have no idea what this has done to my mood. My blues have scattered, I have picked up the house (not enough, but it never is — deal with it), blogging is happening, laundry is drying.


See that sky, in between the trees? Blue. A fitting end to PS blue June, I'm sure you'll agree. My blue project was the yarn I dyed for my Dye-o-rama swap buddy Angelia (glad you liked it, Angelia! thanks for being so patient) and for one of Claudia's prizes (Meera? are you out there? your yarn awaits you). There was some overlap from green May and purple July. I can hardly wait for July, as you can well imagine.

And I got yarn too, from the lovely knittyref. Two skeins of it, yet. Old Roses, on the left, is what the folks at Lorna's Laces would call a nearly solid, a beautiful dusty pink with just enough variation to be interesting. Flashback, on the right, puts me in mind of Yes posters (am I dating myself at all here?) and my one and only acid trip, so it is aptly named. I couldn't get a picture that really did the colors justice, but they are gorgeous.

The yarn arrived last week and was followed a few days later (serial gifts! does it get any better?) by the second part of my swap gift, a sock bag by trek.


You will be relieved to know that the cat was not part of the package; he was here already. He went off about his feline business, and I took everything inside before it started raining again. Thank you so much, knittyref! Thank you, trek!

Now, if you will excuse me, I think I will go lie in my back yard and look up and see blue.

5 Comments:

  • With the blue sky comes the scorching heat, I fear... but it's practically July so I can't argue too much about that. And when it's hot, there's at least a chance that the bath towels and the dish towels will dry out instead of hanging clammily on the rack (ugh.)

    p.s. No comment on the youthful excesses, except maybe WOW. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 2:21 PM  

  • Glad you're finally getting some blue sky!

    Serial gifts! Love that term! That's what happened with my (most awesome!) Dye O Rama yarn & something that I won. Love serial gifts! :-)

    By Blogger AngeliasKnitting, at 10:44 PM  

  • You cannot seriously expect to use a phrase like "my one and only acid trip" and then not elaborate.

    Can't wait to see the July project take shape!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 AM  

  • Lying on the grass, staring into the sky, I sometimes feel as if my heart is a kite on a very long string, falling up. . . .

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:13 AM  

  • You're welcome - and for everyone else, no, I never send cats throught he postal service.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home