Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things in My Refrigerator Right Now

This is an easy one for me, mostly, because the contents of my fridge are pretty mundane... most of them, anyway.
  1. Butter. Real, actual butter. It's an essential element of apple crisp, pie crust, cookies... all that is yummy and not good for us.
  2. Cream cheese. It goes in bagels and in apple-turnover crust. I don't know why turnovers demand a crust different from pie crust, but they do.
  3. Leftover mac and cheese. It's left over from last night, having mysteriously escaped both late-night snackage and being grabbed this morning for lunch.
  4. Pie dough. I made a quiche for dinner last night, and since I make my own crust, at least a double's worth at a time, there's a handy ball of dough there now and another quiche in our near future.
  5. Orange juice. It's become one of Miss B's favorite drinks, and I can't complain.
  6. Lettuce. Have I mentioned that we've been embrangled in major home repairs for the last six months? Well, we have — I should probably post about it one of these days — and the resulting stress on our bank account has led me and Grant to start practicing small economies, including taking our lunch to work. Miss B takes hers to school now and then, too, although I think she's motivated more by the poverty of cafeteria offerings than by the desire to save us money.
  7. Cold cuts. See lettuce above.
  8. Apple turnover filling. I believe I did mention that we have too many apples, and I am finding lots of things to do with them. Damn the waistline, full speed ahead.
  9. Mustard. The Dijon that Grant likes, and the French's that I like.
  10. I haven't the faintest idea. I'm sure I put it in the fridge with the best of intentions, and I definitely didn't intend to let it get shoved to the back and then forget about it. Since I did, however, as soon as I find it, into the trash it goes, no questions asked.

3 Comments:

  • Good list!

    Butter is a must. That fake stuff scares me. Good luck with the re-doing!

    xo

    By Blogger Cookie, at 4:02 PM  

  • Oh that last one is so funny!

    By Anonymous Laurie, at 6:55 PM  

  • Yeah, #1. The alternative is SO scary! An organic chem professor told us he saw margarine being made, and it's not pretty... visually or chemically. We have a whole shelf of #10, paper bags with fungi in them...

    By Blogger Lisa/knitnzu, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home