Ten on Tuesday
Ten Favorite Movie Moments
- A Fish Called Wanda: Otto realizes simultaneously that 1) Ken seriously intends to run him over with a steamroller 2) he is up to his ankles in cement.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding: "I'm a snow beast."
- Back to the Future: George cold-cocks Biff, then stares incredulously at his fist. (I've had several such moments while playing sports. No, I've never knocked anyone out, but once in a blue moon my body shocks me by doing exactly what I want it to.)
- To Kill a Mockingbird: "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin'."
- 28 Days:
GracieGwen bids Jasper goodbye, both sad and happy that he and the person she's become don't know each other. (Edit: The character's name is Gwen, not Gracie. I got my Sandra Bullock characters mixed up.)
- Tootsie: Michael begins to realize that what he thinks of as his kindness toward Sandy is exactly the same as what he thinks of as Ron's cruelty toward Julie. (It's hard to single out one moment when this happens, as it's a process throughout the movie. It would have been nice to show Michael treating Sandy as a human being toward the end, but of course that would have disrupted the nice fluffy romantic arc with Julie.)
- The Birdcage: Albert, entirely comme il faut in a white shirt, dark suit, tie, and dress shoes, crosses his legs to reveal that he is wearing pink socks.
- Pretty Woman: Edward discovers that Vivian has been secretly using dental floss.
- Breaking Away: Dave works all night oiling and adjusting the crummy bike the Cutter team has been issued, turning it into a fine machine.
And my all-time favorite:
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Sir Bedevere scrutinizes the peasant who claims that the witch turned him into a newt.