Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: Special Blogslacker Edition

Hello again, everyone! No, I did not leave the planet, but that sure went fast: I thought I'd blog again in a day or two, and next thing I know almost two weeks have flowed by. About 20 minutes ago I looked up, noted the time, and said to Grant, "Crud, I missed spinning." Sorry about that, ladies: maybe in another two weeks I'll have my head on straight. Herewith, therefore, my own spin, as it were, on Ten on Tuesday.

Ten Things I Didn't Blog About Since I Last Blogged
  1. We said goodbye to the Ohio crew. We had a great time, and we were sorry to leave, but we did discover that flying with Taz is a lot easier than we'd feared — so we're already thinking about going back next year.


  2. We flew home.


    my son the pack mule


    flying high


    just a plane knitter


    welcome home

  3. I spun at St. Distaff's Day.


    my friend Debbie and her lovely pin


    my other friend Debbi and her sherpa

    Crystal, newly aspinnilated


    Penny and friend

  4. We shoveled snow.
  5. I finished Miss B's scarf. One of these days I will get her to model it.
  6. We shoveled more snow.
  7. We celebrated Grant's birthday. Happy birthday, honey!
  8. I discovered that my fatter jeans (my fat jeans having been retired long ago) don't fit.
  9. I went on a diet. Sort of. I am being aware of what I eat, and I have desisted from snarfing up all the available pie, cake, cookies, candy, and other assorted carbolicious treats. For the last six months I don't know what was with me, but, not to mince words, I ate like a pig. I am setting a modest goal: get back into my fatter jeans. Then we'll see.
  10. I am still working on the top-down hat that I started, yikes, before Christmas.


    I'm afraid it might be still a bit too big, but it's now within the realm of fitting a human head. I may decrease a bit before starting the ribbing, which could give it a slightly fungoid appearance, but this is the joy of making things up as you go.
Whew. I think that's everything, more or less.

8 Comments:

  • Sounds like you've been too busy to blog. Welcome back.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:29 AM  

  • Taz the pack mule makes me smile! So glad it was a good trip.

    As for the hat, think tam and beret - classic styles that suit many faces - and knit on in hope and faith.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:19 AM  

  • I have the feeling of coming out of hibernation lately. Odd, since it's still all cold and snowy here!

    By Blogger Alwen, at 9:30 AM  

  • Wondered where you went. Sounds like you had all good excuses though and had lots of fun.

    Blogging ought never stand in the way of fun!

    By Blogger Iron Needles, at 10:39 AM  

  • WB - sounds like a good time was had by all. Love all the spinning wheel photos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Newly aspinnilated... pangs of jealousy going on... but I know I could too, it's just a matter of finding the time. Not fungoid, call it a design feature... I've seen several hats like that lately, I think they're fashionable (but don't trust me, I'm a fashion criminal).

    By Blogger Lisa/knitnzu, at 7:06 PM  

  • Funny, that. My family always use me as the pack mule, too.

    Maybe Taz and I should lodge a class action thing? ;)

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 8:24 PM  

  • The lovely pattern will distract from fungoid appearances, which actually could become a trend.

    I'm with you on the shoveling. But look at it as calories burned!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home