Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Y is for Yarmouth

Yarmouth, Maine, doesn't call too much attention to itself: not as famous as Portland, nor as picturesque as Camden, nor as upscale as Bar Harbor, it's just one of many smallish coastal towns. Still, it is one of our favorite places to visit...


and not just because of the sartorially splendid socialites we may find there.


On the Fourth of July, it's a place of pomp and parade, open to any suitably attired enthusiast, even out-of-towners.


Christmas there is full of joy and well-chosen gifts. Here my parents admire a crocheted pillow that was obviously made for them. I very much fear that acrylic is far more durable than any seashell sculpture.


You can find alpacas there, if you know where to look.


And, while beach season is far too short, the sky and water never get tired of each other.

3 Comments:

  • What a happy, loving tribute! I pass that way every time I go to Mum's. I think I need to stop in town and meander a bit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 AM  

  • What FUN folks you are related to! I think there's a lot of laughter in your father's house.

    And what a magnificent final photo. Ahhhhh!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:19 AM  

  • Great y post!

    especially loving the well-turned-out socialites ;-)

    By Blogger Teyani, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home