Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, December 11, 2008

W is for Waterfalls

Today's post will have to do double duty as W and eye candy, as I'm still behind the alphabetical curve (but getting closer). To begin with, W is for Wonderful, an inadequate word for all the incredibly kind comments I've gotten on Gwynedd. Thank you all! I am still almost Woozy from basking in the glow.

Before I get too swelled a head, therefore, let's move on. The most beautiful waterfalls I've met face to face are of course Smalls Falls. There are actually two streams; the one I've shown you most often, which I think is really Chandler's Mill Stream Falls, is the one with the better water slides...


and the occasional water sprite.


W is also for wintergreen, which I caught in full bloom near the slides last summer.

For gorgeous cataracts, though, you can't beat Small's Falls proper.


There's a pool at the bottom of this fall that people jump into from ledges maybe 40 feet above. We may be just nutty enough to enjoy the slides, but that crazy we are not.




Looking is enough for us.


When we can't get to Smalls Falls, we make do with the waterfalls in our friendly local brook.


They are very small indeed.


And we love them.

7 Comments:

  • Lovely, lovely! "Not that crazy" is good - that's some serious rocks :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

  • We don't have much in the way of waterfalls in Michigan's lower peninsula, so these are a treat!

    By Blogger Alwen, at 5:31 PM  

  • great post! you just wanted to make me jealous, huh? now i definitely need to get up to maine and find those falls :)

    By Blogger the boogeyman's wife, at 3:29 AM  

  • Superaqueous! Even small falls are good. They aerate and freshen the stream.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:31 AM  

  • Pretty pictures! I bet they are pretty all frozen, too!

    By Blogger Iron Needles, at 9:46 AM  

  • I lived in Gwynedd since I was born up to age 20, I'm 26 now and still miss it! Your lovely scarf reminds me of the great scenery and celtic influences of home. I'm not a great knitter but I think I'll try to make this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • (that being Gwynedd in Wales, not America ;) )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home