Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things I'm Thankful for This Year

Only ten? All right, but I'll have to lump a lot of stuff together.
  1. Everything on Maslow's bottom rung: food, clothing, a warm place to sleep.
  2. Freedom from pain. I wrote about this some time ago and haven't mentioned it in a while, because, really, what is there to say? But for just about a year now I've been (mostly) pain-free, after 20 years of constant pain. I can't really describe what it's like. It's hard not to take the simple things for granted, but this is what I'm most vividly aware of, glad of, and thankful for this year. Probably next year too.
  3. Family.
  4. Friends.
  5. Time, money, and space to create, and yarn to create with.
  6. Living among trees.
  7. Still having a job, and still having a husband who still has a job. (So far.) (Fingers crossed.)
  8. Living with people and cats who make me laugh.
  9. Barack Obama's election. I don't plan to blog about politics much for a while (ouch! that AMEN was really loud), but I do truly believe that he is the best man for the job, and that there's still reason for optimism. I hope I'm not offending my conservative friends (see #4: I'm thankful for you too, for reading and disagreeing and keeping me honest).
  10. You. Whether I've met you face to face or just through the blog, whether you comment or just lurk, thank you for reading.

4 Comments:

  • Hooray for free from pain! Although difficult to achieve, it HAS been possible and you are a shining star in the firmament of self-control!

    As for #10. what's good for you is good for me, too!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:09 AM  

  • As for number ten-- I'm thankful for your writing.
    - Gretchen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • xo

    By Blogger Cookie, at 6:13 PM  

  • For number 10, I'm not sure if I should say "You're welcome" or "No, no, thank you."

    As for the freedom from pain, I imagine taking that "day after a bad headache" feeling and multiply by 20 years, and holy wow. That is indeed something to be thankful for.

    By Blogger ccr in MA, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home