Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Sky


Is it just me, or is this another plant bent on hegemony? I took this picture last week (not today: it's been raining for three days straight, perfect stay-in-and-knit weather but horrible for photography), together with the milkweed and bittersweet pictures, alongside the mall next to my workplace. The milkweed is barely holding its own as the bittersweet waves its vines threateningly all around; the grass looks like no match for the bittersweet either, but in the four years I've worked there it's increased its territory. The evillest invader will win.

(Just in case you thought I wasn't making good use of bad weather, I'd like to point out that Miro is now over a foot long, and I'm working on another project as well.)

3 Comments:

  • I volunteered briefly with IPANE (http://nbii-nin.ciesin.columbia.edu/ipane/) to combat invasive plants but I wasn't comfortable tromping about in the field on my own. Perhaps I'll eventually wear Jason down and get him out there with me.

    By Blogger Julie, at 10:34 AM  

  • English ivy and Himalayan blackberry are the invadingest around here.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:41 AM  

  • Oh yes, they are. Not sure they are the invadingest things, but they are in the bad bunch crowd. Fact sheet here, if you're interested, http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/2532.htm

    By Blogger Lisa/knitnzu, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home