Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Miro

Meander is finished, but won't get a photo shoot until 1) Miss B and I are home at the same time 2) in daylight 3) when it's not raining. With the weather forecast for the next few days, this could take some time. Meanwhile, I've started Meander's close relative, Miro.

Have you seen Stephanie's Noro striped scarf? She started the thing yesterday, and it's already about four feet long. How did she do that? Well, by knitting, of course, but I mean how many hours of knitting exactly does that represent? I started Miro yesterday, I've put a couple of hours in, and it's...


maybe about six inches? Of course it has more stitches, and cables and whatnot, but all the same. Let us face it, I am slow. Still, there it is, all six inches of it, and I like it at least as much as Meander. It's the same pattern except that it's a 2x2 rib instead of a 1x1.

Yarn: whatever you like. I'm using Elann Sock It To Me 4 Ply. I'm budgeting 600 yards or so, three skeins.
Needles: quite a few sizes bigger than you would normally use with the yarn. I'm using size 8.

Cast on 64 sts (or any multiple of 8 sts).
Rows 1-3: *p2, k2.
Row 4: *Sl 4 sts to cable needle and hold in back, p2, k2, p2, k2 from cable needle.
Rows 5-11: *p2, k2.
Row 12: p2, k2, *sl 4 sts to cable needle and hold in front, p2, k2, p2, k2 from cable needle, last 4 sts p2, k2.
Rows 13-19: *p2, k2.
Repeat rows 4-19 for pattern.

(Why Miro? Because it goes so nicely with Meander.)

2 Comments:

  • Miro is a great pattern! I maybe the only other person who has no desire to knit the striped scarf. Mostly it's because of cost. It's a bit much for a scarf.

    By Blogger margene, at 7:57 AM  

  • Stephanie knits like a race car in high gear. Her hands just FLY! I'd say that six inches of Miro in two hours is pretty darn impressive! Good work!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home