Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, November 30, 2008

T is for Twisted

In certain circles, twisted means evil, wrong, out of order. Luckily I don't travel in those circles, because going perfectly straight isn't my idea of a good time: within my knitting group I am known as the Cable Freak.



Cables, reversible or not, are the spice of knitting as far as I'm concerned. I love knitting lace, brioche stitch, even plain knitting once in a while, but I always come back to cables in all their twisted glory.

Since I enjoy putting twist into my knitting so much, it was inevitable that I would become a spinner.



I've always thought that in life, as in fiber arts, it's the twists and turns that keep things from becoming too predictable. Indeed sometimes twist is what holds things together.

4 Comments:

  • You are so right about the twist. Good T!!

    By Blogger margene, at 7:54 AM  

  • Oooo, plaited cables! Way cool! Let's twist again.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:01 AM  

  • Excellent T - love the fuchsia scarf in the spruce :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

  • During the days when I travelled w/ a certain crowd (deadheads), we never went straight, always forward. I think I have all the aspects of twisted... YAY about your wallet. That is so distracting!

    By Blogger Lisa/knitnzu, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home