Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So Not Ready

My parents are due to arrive in about an hour. I am so not ready. As I may have mentioned, the house is full of stuff, and we cannot possibly destuff fully, or even by half, in the available time. But I've made some progress, and I have all the appropriate food, which counts for a lot. We'll be having turkey, creamed onions, cranberry sauce, squash, mashed potatoes, green beans — all the standard fare, in fact. And apple and pumpkin and pecan pie, of course. Standard fare it may be, but I absolutely love all of it.

I did my list last Tuesday, but it bears repeating: I am thankful for a lot today, and every day. Even, no, especially, the simple things: food, warmth, friends and family. Being married 27 years to the guy I'd most like to have dinner with. Having time, space and energy to play and create and enjoy the process. Being able to give something back.

Hmm... maybe I am ready after all.

6 Comments:

  • Sounds like you're ready for the real holiday. Turkey and your chosen fixings, and gratitude. Yup. Ready.

    By Blogger ccr in MA, at 9:37 PM  

  • You do sound ready - love your menu and your list. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Julie, at 7:25 AM  

  • Gratitude and great joy!

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:17 AM  

  • Or as ready as you will ever be :)

    It's all about the family, food and love. Who cares about what the house looks like.

    Have a very happy day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • Have a great holiday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home