Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, November 21, 2008

Four on Friday


Above is a view from my Thoughtful Spot: definitely late-fallish, but I think it still qualifies as eye candy.

Miss B and Grant are spending the weekend in Ohio visiting Grant's sister and her family; the big event is the local high school musical, in which both of Ellen's daughters have parts, the elder in the lead. Taz and I are holding down the fort here.

It's far too quiet, but I'm trying to look on the bright side. To that end, four good things about fort-sitting:
  1. No one minds if I play my favorite song (the one Grant hates), with the volume way up, five times in a row. Not even if I sing.
  2. While singing, I can sprawl on the couch in a decadent attitude, knitting projects and rumors of projects recklessly strewn about.
  3. The stupid cat will come in instead of bolting into the underbrush, convinced that Grant and/or Miss B intend felicide. (She's lived here for four years, during which time I have been the one who collars her and drags her inside when she'd rather stay out all night, picks ticks off her, incarcerates her in cat carriers and takes her to the vet. I am also the only one she'll come near. Go figger.)
  4. There are a lot fewer dinner dishes.
Sigh.

3 Comments:

  • Is this timid cat the incredible treefull Fluffy, the presidential candidate?

    What is this favorite song you are singing along with?

    You can belch and fart without excusing yourself.

    You don't have to share the remote.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:31 AM  

  • Love your thoughtful spot - water, colorful leaves ... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

  • j was away all week and the cats slept with me. i had few dishes too. i had full control of the remote (awesome) and the only mess i had to clean up was mine. but i woke up every night around 3am feeling really lonely. so i'm glad he's home today.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home