Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Flowers

Before I get to the photographic portion of our program, I'd like to offer my sincere apologies: the medical emergency I referred to was that anyone who would ride that slide in such a strong current is clearly not in her right mind. Ahem. She did survive, however, and we are all fine. I did not mean to worry people. Rest assured that, to paraphrase the old comedy bit, had there been a real emergency I wouldn't have been sitting around blogging about it.



Flowers by Mont-St.-Joseph. I don't know if the cosmos-like flowers are feral or the wild ancestors of garden cosmos, but they're quite lovely.

On our last full day here the weather is spectacular. The National Weather Service says it's currently overcast, which shows you how much they know. For one thing the nearest NWS weather station is a good 50 miles away, and for another the mountains and lakes create all kinds of weather of their own. I've decided that, while it gets our hometown weather right at least 90 percent of the time, for Rangeley weather the NWS is completely useless. All three of us have been swimming today, and Miss B and I are off shortly for a final foray in the blueberry patch.

Happy weekend, everyone!

2 Comments:

  • are you going to the fiber revival tomorrow?

    By Blogger pigbook1, at 4:27 PM  

  • OK, just as long as there is no physical damage. Hooray for micro climates and one last trip to the blueberries!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home