Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, August 14, 2008

It Runs in the Family

If memory serves, I promised to tell you about Canada today, didn't I? Well, Canada was lovely. On the way up we saw two moose, and Miss B saw one we didn't see, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera. We went to Mont-St.-Joseph, and did a short hike to an overlook point with spectacular views.


I took a ton of pictures, but you get the general idea.

I'll have more on Canada later, but I have somewhat of a medical emergency here, so I'm moving right along to our trip to Small's Falls today. You may recall that last year Miss B and I had a terrific time riding the bumpy slide. Note the rocks sticking out of the water. Have I mentioned that there's been a lot of rain here? Today the slide looked like this:


Note that in this picture those rocks are covered by water, which also extends further on the side from which one enters the slide — which I quickly decided I was not about to do, retaining my sanity and valuing my life and limb as I do.


Does anyone know a good psychiatrist?

6 Comments:

  • Wait a minute, go back. Medical emergency? I hope everyone's o.k. .....

    By Blogger Ruth, at 12:10 AM  

  • Yikes. Hope everyone's ok... I think you might have been being ironical. But darn the internets, I can't tell.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • So we see you going over a waterfall and you casually mention, "...something of a medical emergency..." Shriek!!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:26 AM  

  • Actually we did have a minor medical mishap, when I nearly tore the nail off my right big toe trying to cross the stream. I briefly suggested that Lucia take a picture of it and post it here, but cooler heads (including my own) prevailed.

    What Lucia is referring to here, I think, is the temporary insanity that seems to have affected our offspring (see the picture that she did post).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

  • that actually looks way fun, but then my own family may be somewhat susceptible to insanity :)

    By Blogger the boogeyman's wife, at 1:32 AM  

  • Canada? You went to CANADA and didn't stop by Toronto? Hrmpf!!

    (and don't give me that "it was a 7-hour drive" lame excuse)

    ;)

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home