Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

My apologies, sort of, for the wordlessness of yesterday's post. I just couldn't think of a single thing to write that would do justice to those pictures. The duck in the fog is my favorite so far from this year's trip.

On to business.

Ten Favorite Movie Villains (in no particular order)
  1. Prince Humperdinck/Count Rugen, The Princess Bride
  2. Lord Farquaad, Shrek
  3. Meredith Blake, The Parent Trap (1998 remake)
  4. The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard of Oz
  5. Randall, Monsters, Inc.
  6. Katherine Parker, Working Girl
  7. Michael Sanders, Outrageous Fortune
  8. Borg Queen, Star Trek: First Contact
  9. Zolo, Romancing the Stone
  10. Sid, Toy Story
Hmm, I guess I've seen quite a few kids' movies, not really a surprise given that I have kids. I looked through my earlier movie posts for inspiration for this one, and I notice that a lot of my favorite movies don't really have villains. What can I say? I'm a sucker for ensemble acting and happy endings.

A note on #8: As far as I know I've seen Alice Krige in only two movies, the other being Ghost Story, which I've seen only on TV. I picture Jonathan Frakes saying to himself, "I want an actress who can be devastatingly sexy and skin-crawling creepy at the same time," screening dozens of films, and finally leaping out of his chair at 3 am a few minutes into Ghost Story yelling "That's it!" (I didn't know Frakes directed Star Trek: First Contact until I looked it up just now. He's much better at directing than at acting, that's for sure.)

3 Comments:

  • Interesting topic. Have you ever seen any old Buck Rogers serials? Ming the Merciless is a great villain, too.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:05 AM  

  • Alice Krige was also in the recent adaptation of Persuasion, as Lady Russell. Naturally, she was excellent.

    By Blogger Beth S., at 10:41 AM  

  • I liked Khan too... I saw Alice K in one of the Dune movies... and maybe something else, I'm so bad at remembering (I had to google her to even remember the Dune connection...). I really enjoyed her! Glad you're having fun in Paradise!

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home