Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday Sky: A Bit Crabby

After disporting ourselves at the Fiber Frolic, Miss B and I returned to my folks', took them out to dinner, and played some of our favorite card and word games. (Like Marjorie, my stepmother, and unlike most people we know, I'm a Boggle freak, so that's what we play whenever we see each other.)

Sunday morning dawned warm, sunny and gorgeous, so Miss B and I headed down to the neighborhood beach, a one-minute walk from my folks' house, to climb on the rocks and investigate the tide pools (both of us) and maybe take a dip (that would be Miss B).


My parents are lucky I don't just move in with them for the summer.

Miss B found a hermit crab. She thought at first the shell was empty, but when tiny crab legs appeared she put it in a tide pool and we watched the whole critter emerge. (OK, so you may have to use your imagination a bit. Where is Cara when I need her?)


Finally Miss B decided not to let the shell dwellers have all the fun, and got wet herself.

Between sheep and shore, a most excellent weekend.

11 Comments:

  • Ahh, Boggle! We love it when we're camping, along with Uno and Phase 10. Why do the kids insist on jumping into the water when it's only a few degrees above freezing? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  

  • Looks like you two had a fabulous time! And Boggle too! Some girls have all the fun :)

    By Blogger YawnOver, at 11:58 PM  

  • I like Boggle! And Scrabble, too, though I sometimes sacrifice points for wonderful words. What a splendid weekend you had. Good for you girls!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:54 AM  

  • Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to head over to the water on this beautiful day.

    I like boggle too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • Well, if you're not going to move in with them for the summer, do you think they would mind if I did? What a beautiful setting.

    By Blogger Annie, at 5:38 PM  

  • That does indeed sound excellent! I'm glad you two had such fun together!

    By Blogger Ackery, at 11:17 PM  

  • awwww... most excellent. All this and Boggle, too. The mind...boggles.

    By Blogger Liz, at 2:07 PM  

  • Miss B jumped in the ocean in MAINE before JULY 4th?? Wow... you must breed them very strong... :)

    By Blogger Mini, at 2:30 PM  

  • We love Boggle too! I sure would like to be doing what Miss B is doing! Woo Hoo!

    By Blogger Carol, at 5:13 PM  

  • Brrr! I don't care where in Maine you are, June ocean just isn't very warm! Nobody here will play Boggle with me...I like it, but haven't played much. My game goal? To consistently beat my mom at Scrabble! (she routinely gets well over 300 points, sometimes 400!). I'm at about half the time.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:27 PM  

  • A list:
    ~I love boggle too, if you are going to Rhinebeck, perhaps a rousing game would be in order?
    ~I hope you ARE going to Rhinebeck
    ~Where on the coast are your parents? I'm not too good at the Where in the World is Miss B? :)
    ~Your visit sounds lovely!
    Sandy
    http://sandysknitting.com

    By Blogger Sandy, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home