Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Old Habits

Hey, here's something I bet you didn't know about me: I knit! Yes, really. Most of what I've been knitting lately has been either a gift or a design I hope to foist upon a waiting world someday if I can ever work the kinks out of it, i.e. not suitable for blog fodder. But now that one gift has actually reached its intended recipient, I feel that I can share it with you.



These Hyacinth Socks are my contribution to the latest round of a small sock swap (you may recall Mary's Socks from a previous round). The Hyacinths belong to the lovely Carolyn, whose sock specifications were rather... unspecific, so I am very pleased to report that she likes them.

Would anyone like the pattern? I suppose I should have written it down while I was knitting, but at least I had the sense to take pictures. (In case you're wondering, there's a hyacinth on one side of each sock leg, and a cable pattern on the other.)

3 Comments:

  • What a coincidence, I knit, too!

    Er, well, sometimes.

    It's a lovely sock. I'm trying to cut down - looks at overstuffed sock drawer and sock yarn stash.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 8:41 AM  

  • I love the cable on the side. I have a sweater pattern that would match beautifully!

    By Blogger Mrs. E. Redner, at 9:49 AM  

  • Swear to doG, woman - how do you keep all those brains and creativity in one head? The socks rock!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home