Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Saturday Sky

This has been a great year for flowering crab trees, I'm not sure why. Some clever landscaper planted one every 20 feet or so along our street. They are basically weeds, so they thrive on neglect, and they seem to take turns being covered with flowers or having just a few here and there, but this year most of them have gone all out. I did my best to capture the sweep of the whole street.




...well, I tried.

We have several trees in our back yard; we moved the pink one as a baby from where it inconveniently sprang up, but all the others came of their own accord.


Yes, I have gone a little nutty with the photos.







But I like them. There are more here, should you for some reason be not yet surfeited.

7 Comments:

  • Very pretty! It's nice that they are all in sync this year. We saw quite a few of them out at the arboretum yesterday but not a tree lined avenue like yours. We strolled through the lilac avenue which was just as lovely.

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:53 AM  

  • Glory! And what a wonderful street-side tree. big enough to give you some shade to park under, small enough not to clog the gutter with leaves. And soo breath-taking in the spring! Love the photos. I love how you savor them close up, and at a variety of distances - in congregate, and in particular.

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:17 AM  

  • They are beautiful, and I love how they smell in bloom. (The little fruits all over the grass, not so much, though.)

    By Blogger Alwen, at 11:21 AM  

  • I can see why. It's a crab year. I see them in the woods on the sides of the road, too, and figured they were bird-planted weeds. Amazingly beautiful, much better and much better behaved than bittersweet.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 11:39 AM  

  • Gorgeous! I love them too, in fact I'm thinking of planting another one (or 2) when we get done digging things up around here ;o)

    By Blogger joyknits, at 6:47 PM  

  • Beautiful!

    By Blogger Norma, at 6:06 AM  

  • I love crabapples. They are an inelegant tree that really come into their own on flowering. Shame they are hung with 'malus'. They need a better name!

    By Blogger Carol, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home