Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, November 16, 2009

Imaginary Knitting


For a knitblogger I've been a bit short on knitting content recently. (Although I did show you my Pine Street Inn squares, and I would like to mention that my fundraising page is still accepting donations.)There's the seekrit project that I'm working on right now, and there's the seekrit FO that will emerge from limbo soon, but not yet. The next sock swap hasn't gotten underway yet, and I think I may have reached my limit of Red Scarf scarves.

So what's left? I am reduced to talking about knitting I haven't actually started yet. One such item is a pair of fingerless mitts for Miss B. As you can see, I have the perfect yarn for Ms. Purple-and-Green (who btw seems to have a mild case of flu or some similar virus at the moment: wish us luck), so it's just a matter of coming up with a pattern. Yes, I know there are some lovely ones on Ravelry, some of them free, even, but you know how I am. It will be something with cables, of course, you know about that too, but they can't be too fancy since the color variation in the yarn is already pretty busy. (Not to mention that there's other holiday knitting on my list.)

Double, double, toil and trouble...

4 Comments:

  • Get well soon Miss B!

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:58 AM  

  • Sounds like Fetchings, to me. Not that they haven't been done to death, but there is a reason for that -- quick and easy but not plain -- perfect!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

  • Pretty yarns! I imagine lots of us are in the same imaginary knitting boat with you ;)

    By Anonymous Joy, at 10:26 AM  

  • Right now I'm doing imaginary leaf raking, since it settled in to rain this morning.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home