Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, November 06, 2008

So, Where Were We?

Thank you for all the thoughtful comments on yesterday's post. You've restored my faith that people of good will can indeed work together. I wish the best of all possible luck to President-elect Obama: he's going to need it. I may have more to say about this later, but for now, let's give politics a well-deserved rest.


I'm currently knitting a Pine Street Inn square from a bright-orange ball of Rowan Cork that was in the $1 bin at the Classic Elite outlet last time I was there. I adore this yarn, even in bright orange. It's chain-plied, 90/10 merino/nylon, dense yet springy, and very soft. I am doing my best to resist the temptation to go online and order all the Cork I can find in my favorite colors. Maybe after the knit-a-thon. (Honey, are you reading this? I'm just kidding. I think.)

Have I mentioned my fundraising page? Oh... I guess I have, once or twice. In case you somehow missed it, I do have such a page, on which I'm trying to raise at least $500 for Pine Street Inn. Every knitter who makes a $10 (or more) donation will be put in a drawing for a little something, possibly involving Cork yarn. Definitely involving at least some kind of yarn, and let me assure you that there are all kinds of excellent yarn in my stash. I know this because I keep going through it for suitable square yarn. So, c'mon, donate if you haven't already. You'll be glad you did.

2 Comments:

  • Enable:
    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Pusstatmine/stash/cork-2

    By Blogger Danielle, at 11:46 AM  

  • Yanno, I've never knit with a Rowan yarn. I may have to get in on that. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home