Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, June 16, 2008

Rescued

Today I had no idea what to post about, but fortunately Lene tagged me for the Book Challenge. It is as follows:

Pick up the nearest book.
Open on page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

When I read her post I was at work, and the nearest book was probably a code manual, which would make for pretty dull reading. So I waited until I got into the car with Grant, who had with him a murder mystery set in ancient Rome, Nobody Loves a Centurion by John Maddox Roberts.
"You know, I could use a cook..." and so on. Everyone found that he had room for just one more slave. Everyone except my cousin Lumpy.

If/when I eventually read it, I'll find out the context, which is clearly everything.

I'm tagging:

Ruth, because the book nearest her could be a children's book, or a knitting book, or The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire — you just never know with her.

Lisa, because I've spent two Fiber Frolics with her and still have no idea what she reads.

Roxie, in the hope that it won't be something to do with GED testing.

Liz, in the hope that it will be something to do with Japanese history. Just kidding, Liz.

Double Helix, because her mailbox is in a tree.

4 Comments:

  • Hopped over from Lene's to see the sentences! Makes me curious about the book and the context, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 AM  

  • Hmmmm... lately it's been young adult books... I'll play later today.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 7:01 AM  

  • I'm sitting in the office at home so no GED stuff. Ha! The closest book is on the computer where I have the working manuscripts. Fuuuuun!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:27 AM  

  • hee - thanks! Which of the two I'm currently reading, is the only dilemma...

    By Blogger Liz, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home