Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I is for Iris

Iris, the flower, is a lovely thing, but although they grow like weeds for a lot of people I don't have much luck with them. Too much sun? Not enough sun? Beats me.

On rare occasions, however, I've been lucky enough to capture what happens when there's exactly enough sun, at the right angle, at the right time.


Iris, the rainbow.


I took all of these in Rangeley, the best place for sky pictures in general and rainbow pictures in particular that I've ever seen.


I could stand and look at them for hours, if they lasted that long.


But if they did they wouldn't be half as magical.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Wow! All great shots, but I have to admit, I love the last one the best.

    By Blogger Chris H, at 10:24 PM  

  • Ooo, a double bow! Twice as rare!

    When I win the lottery, I'll send you to Maui. They have daily rainbows. I think the U of Hawaii football team is called the Rainbow Warriors.

    Clever choice for I, you cunning linguist

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:32 AM  

  • Wow. Double rainbow. Beautiful.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 5:58 PM  

  • Lovely shots! I used to see amazing rainbows at the off ramp from 495N to 93 S. One of the only ways that commute could have gotten better!

    (The UH teams are the Rainbow Warriors, the Rainbows or the Warriors, depending on the sport. The useless stuff I know!)

    By Blogger Erin, at 7:52 AM  

  • Rangely, what a wonderful place. And those rainbow shots! Beautiful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home