Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, May 08, 2008

H is for Hoard

Miss B belongs to a cooperative Girl Scout troop; it meets once a month, and each mom gets to lead one meeting. This month it's my turn, and after racking my brains and failing to come up with anything outside my comfort zone, I decided to go with a contribution to Afghans for Afghans. Each girl makes a square, and one of the other moms and I each make a couple to come out with twelve squares, which of course will become an afghan.

Only thing is, Afghans for Afghans requests wool yarn because of the brutally cold winters there (say it with me: synthetics don't insulate!), and although several troop members had yarn, they didn't have wool. "Don't worry," I said, "I have plenty, and I'm happy to share."


I'm not sure these women understand what I mean by "plenty."


And I'm not sure I want them to.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • You can hide a lot yarn beneath a tutu ...

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:32 PM  

  • You're a brave woman, 'fessing up to the stash that a way. I'm impressed.

    By Blogger Annie, at 6:46 AM  

  • I think they have 12-step groups for this.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 7:07 AM  

  • No labels? I figured you for a label and flow chart sort of organizer. It's a nice little starter stash. With some careful development, it could turn into a respectable collection.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:59 AM  

  • Hey, that looks like my closet! And come to think of it, my mother's too...

    By Blogger Nicole, at 9:57 PM  

  • How do you know what's inside the boxes? I mean, I like to see what I have, to be inspired.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • I'm sure it's best that they DON'T understand what you mean - because they COULDN't...and then they'd just look at you in that weird way that the non-fiber people look when they think someone has TOO MUCH (as if that could ever happen!) fiber/yarn...

    By Blogger AngeliasKnitting, at 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home