Rhymes With Fuchsia

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Superstitions, Traditions, and/or Personality Quirks
  1. I set my clock 15 minutes fast so that I have more time. My husband does not understand this. Neither do I, actually, but I still do it. (At one point I set the kitchen clock 5 minutes fast so that I'd have more time to get the kids on the school bus. It took him only one day to notice and set it back. C'est la vie.)
  2. I take the stairs instead of the elevator when leaving work, unless someone is already waiting for the elevator.
  3. During our Rangeley vacation I take a short swim every morning at about 7:15, rain or shine, regardless of temperature, which has been known to be less than 50 degrees. (All right, I wouldn't in a thunderstorm, but so far there's never been one.)
  4. Predicting an undesirable outcome of the next play during a sporting event (e.g. "A-Rod's going to hit a home run now," or "Brady's going to get sacked") vastly increases the probability that that outcome will occur.
  5. All the socks I knit have short-row heels worked on slightly more than half the stitches.
  6. I read the same books over and over. (Has anyone read T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton? I think I found a mistake on about the eighth reading.)
  7. Miss B and I have gone to every Maine Fiber Frolic (except one -- I don't remember why we missed it that one time). Other activities may vary, but we never miss the llama drill team.
  8. If sharing a bed, I prefer the right side (looked at from the foot of the bed).
  9. Marjorie, my stepmother, and I play Boggle and skip-bo whenever we see each other. (Miss B often joins us.)
  10. I've never knitted someone else's pattern exactly as written. (I got pretty close with the sweater for Peru, but I ended up doing ribbing instead of rolled edges.)

9 Comments:

  • Great fun to read your list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • I'm with Grant on #1. If you know it's fast then how does it help?

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:55 AM  

  • Great list! I set the clocks ahead for me hubby, but he figured it out, too.

    By Blogger margene, at 7:52 AM  

  • Setting the clocks ahead works for me. I know the clock s fast, but I also know that it's time to get going. Love you traditions - especially that 7:15 daily swim.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:37 AM  

  • I leave the clock as-is, but am compulsively early to everything. I blame this on a childhood spent in the Family That's Always Running At Least Half An Hour Late.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Beware the clock thing! My mom kept the kitchen clock 5 minutes fast. She also ran by "almost" time -- "It's almost noon!" when it was anywhere from 11:30-11:50. From this we learned two things. Never trust the time she reported, and never trust any clock she might have reset.

    Somehow I did learn to be on time, but it was no thanks to her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • I do the same with my bedroom clock, I somehow never think of it as fast, just time to get up.

    By Blogger Carol, at 6:51 PM  

  • Llama drill team? Really?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

  • I completely understand about setting the time ahead. I do the same thing. Even though I know it's fast, I still operate based on the fast time.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home