Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, April 21, 2008

Spin with Lynne

On Friday Grant and Miss B left on a long-weekend jaunt, leaving me and Taz to hold down the fort. It was looking like a very quiet weekend, until Lynne arrived on Saturday afternoon with her wheel and a big bag of wool.


We sat in the front yard and spun for a couple of hours; the kids playing ball across the street eyed us now and then, although (being boys) they didn't actually speak to us.


Achilles, on the other hand, did speak to us and did his best to entertain us, with a little help from the catnip plant.


Is there more? I don't think I'm grassy enough yet.



Lynne also gave me this beautiful roving. Note to self: invite Lynne over more often.

8 Comments:

  • I wish I could have been there! April is not a good outdoorsy month for me. I had to bail on my Sunday plans too :/ Ah well, I did finish those socks.

    By Blogger Julie, at 6:04 AM  

  • What a perfect way to spend what was a really beautiful afternoon.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 6:32 AM  

  • It must have been a beautiful day for spinning.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:02 AM  

  • It looks like a perfect day!!

    By Blogger margene, at 7:40 AM  

  • What a nice day for it!

    By Blogger Pumpkinmama, at 8:44 AM  

  • What a grand way to spend an afternoon. And how splendid to have an afternoon fit to spin outside. Achilles looks like the perfect companion cat.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:11 AM  

  • I love that your cat is called Achilles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  

  • It was a perfectly beautiful day - great weather, good company, silly cat, lots of fiber, and very yummy treats. Thank you Lucia - we must do this again soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home