Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sock on the Water

(and other miscellaneous adventures in footwear)

The long-lost inchoate sock (last seen at Rhinebeck) surfaced and sallied forth bravely with me today in search of a suitable entry for Stephanie's contest (international freestyle category, of course, since the chances of my getting to Toronto any time this decade are on a par with the likelihood that George W. Bush will admit to ever having made a mistake). And we did get some pictures, but I really can't decide which one to use.


Rubber duckie, you're so fine...


Come sail away with me.


The town conservation chairman thinks I am a bit, um, unusual, but is willing to share some local history with the sock.


There's nothing like a well-stocked public library.


Susan the reference librarian thinks I am perhaps a trifle strange, but appreciates the sock's scholarly aspirations.


The sock works on its circus act...


...and exhibits a sense of the macabre.

Any opinions? (Not that knitters have opinions or anything.)

16 Comments:

  • I do have a fondness for rubber duckies...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Hmm...rubber ducky or the skull. Of course, I like the skull because I just used one for my Sock Madness 2, Round 1, Zombie Socks...LOL (http://www.angelfire.com/planet/hayshandcrafted/index.blog?from=20080313)

    By Blogger Chris H, at 1:07 AM  

  • I see a great contest opportunity here. Get everyone to have the reference librarian hold their sock!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:52 AM  

  • I'm a fan of duckies, not surprisingly.

    By Blogger Danielle, at 7:07 AM  

  • Maybe my sock mojo would return if I showed it as interesting a time as your sock is having.

    By Blogger margene, at 7:53 AM  

  • For translation in the medium, I like the duckie and also the cannon. The look on the face of the town conservation chairman is priceless, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

  • And to continue the reference: "Soh....ck on the wah...ter, ... and roving in the sky."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 AM  

  • The Duckie!!
    For sure!

    By Blogger Sorka, at 8:57 AM  

  • Wouldn't that be a "well SOCKED library"?

    Bad puns aside, this is a post of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: personally, I like the look on the Conservation Chairman's face. And poor Yorick.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9:07 AM  

  • The entire composition of the duckie shot is so appealing. The color, the reflected bare trees, the haunting strains of "Soooock on the water" I'd go with that.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:27 AM  

  • I concur, a well SOCKED library!

    And the duck shot, imho, is the very best of the lot. ;-D

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 1:47 PM  

  • Oh my it's too hard to choose. Sail away :) the skull :)

    That was too much fun for any one sock.

    By Blogger Witchypoo, at 3:08 PM  

  • Oh, the ducky one is THE ONE, no question.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

  • Has to be the ducky. That is one terrific picture.

    By Blogger Wool Enough, at 7:04 PM  

  • ~snort~ "And I'm glad that you are mine!" Guess which is my fave?

    By Blogger Carol, at 7:34 PM  

  • the duckie...

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home