Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, March 28, 2008

Melanie, I Love You

Yesterday afternoon I called Paul's billing department again and spoke with a woman named Melanie, who at that point was probably getting tired of hearing from me. She told me that Paul hadn't yet heard from Peter, but allowed that I could fax her my copy of Peter's letter asking Paul to desist from billing me, or rather Grant, even though it had the wrong patient name, and she would try to interest one of their insurance coordinators in asking Peter about it. I asked her how I would know if the matter had been resolved, and she said I wouldn't get any more bills (which I didn't much care to wait around for, as the last bill had said "pay right now or we're sending this to collections"), or I could call again and ask.

So I sent the fax, but I wasn't too hopeful. Imagine my shock, therefore, when I got a call this morning from Melanie, who told me that she had given my fax to the insurance coordinator, who had spoken with someone at Peter's, and I was all set. Although I thanked her, I fear I was too stunned to sound properly grateful. So, Melanie, if you're reading this — unlikely, I know, but stranger things have happened — you rock. This eye candy is for you.

6 Comments:

  • There are a couple of people that help me out (figuring out the online financial thing the state makes us use, getting an odd program up and going via a server)... I wonder if it freaks them out a bit when I tell them, "I have told you I love you, right?" I sent maple candy to somebody last week because she was so helpful... don't love her so much, she always makes me feel like I'm a bad 4 year old and she's the right and proper strict mom, but she is nice and she is helpful...social skills are a bit off though.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 8:40 AM  

  • God bless Melanie! And hooray that Peter's people are now talking to Paul's people.

    You find such yummy eye-candy!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:36 AM  

  • Yay for Melanie!!

    By Blogger Ruth, at 10:05 AM  

  • I guess this is the result of unfurling and having a friend who knows Paul ;-) Yay!

    By Blogger Carol, at 1:05 PM  

  • Yay again for Melanie. There needs to be more Melanies in the world. I'm for adding Melanies.

    By Blogger Annie, at 7:16 PM  

  • That's awesome news Lucia! Glad ot hear it. Occasionally these health providers and billing companies can be helpful. Usually not most times, but I'm glad this resolves your issue. And glad your pain has been lessened by the Dr.

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home