Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday Sky: Memories of ME

(being possibly the very last SPA 2007 post)

SPA held myriad attractions for me, affording opportunities for visiting my folks, who live roughly equidistant from Portland and Freeport, home of LL Bean's flagship store, as well as spinning, knitting, eating, and excellent SEX, all in fine company.


First things first, however: Kitty B, who always has her priorities straight, reminded me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.


About SPA itself, I can say only two words: too short. I saw Carole and Blogless Sharon and Monica, who was spinning and shopping for two, and That Laurie in her amazing sweater, and Laurie of the speedy camera, and I got to meet Kate of the thousand hats. (Way more than a thousand, actually. Amazing.) And Cassie mesmerized me by spinning the finest purple laceweight I ever saw on a tiny spindle, and Kristen took delivery of her new Robin, and Liz made an all-too-brief cameo appearance, and... and... you get the idea. I didn't mention anywhere near everybody, but it was great to see you.

I got to go out to dinner with Lynne


and Jena


who is seen here knitting a sock in public, at a brew pub yet, and Dave and Mike, of whom I got no pictures: guys, you know who you are.

On Sunday we hung out with my folks, who live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.


This is the view from their front stoop.

We went shopping at LL Bean, where Miss B scaled the biggest snowbank around


and the biggest boot I've ever seen.


Note the small sign on the right. It says "do not climb the boot." It wins my prize for Silliest Sign of All Time. Let's hear it for the lawyers.

6 Comments:

  • Looks like a great weekend, but wait, did I miss something? What about the SEX? Or is that some super-hip spinning slang...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 AM  

  • Yeah, tell us about the SEX!

    Looks like a fabu weekend. How's the cold? I hope you didn't wear yourself out and set yourself up for a relapse. Just in case, you should go to bed for three days and not lift a finger for any needs but your own. (as if THAT would ever happen!)

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:39 AM  

  • My mom sent me an email with silly signs found in Canada. I couldn't figure out how to post it, so it got tossed. The best one? "Warning, this sign has sharp edges. Oh, and the bridge is out ahead"

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 3:15 PM  

  • Yeah, what they all said...Oh, and are your parents looking to adopt any children?

    By Blogger Carol, at 12:46 PM  

  • Just read your comment on Norma's blog. I love you, I love you, I love you! Smiling all the way, Roxie

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:35 AM  

  • Way to go, lawyers..............

    By Blogger christine karr, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home