Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Sky and Cat Update


I've actually been saving this one for a while. My faithful readers may recognize yet another view of sunrise as seen from my front yard. The sunrise is now well started on its eastward trek, so that the brightest part of the sky is farther down the street. Even with such a short winter as we've had, spring can't come soon enough for me.

Ed seems to be slowly getting his bearings, finding the food and water dishes as well as his bed pretty regularly now. We're still working on the litterbox. I was feeling happy about him a little while ago because he spent some time sitting in my lap and purring, then got down and was grooming himself — something he does very little of these days. Then he went into the kitchen and vomited enormous quantities. I think I heard him eating again just now, though. It's the usual dance, two steps forward, one back, do si do and barf on your partner. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

12 Comments:

  • So glad to hear that, Lucia! Well, despite the setbacks, there seems to be some progress so hopefully it will get better from here on out. Sweet little Ed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM  

  • That is a very nice front yard view. The view from our front yard is our sullen teenage neighbor, who insists on wearing shorts no matter what the weather.

    Glad to hear that Ed is feeling well enough to urp all over the place. Progress, indeed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM  

  • Bless your heart. I did the old cat thing for several years, and it ain't easy. Keep at it, Ed.

    By Blogger Annie, at 9:08 AM  

  • Well, if it's been a long while since he groomed, and seeing as how he's a long-haired cat, he probably was barfing just to clear out the hairballs. How wonderful that the lap and purring time is a gift you can still give one another.

    We give our old cats Gerber babyfood as a treat. They are especially fond of the ham.

    My word verification is klirbuwh. Sounds a bit like a cat hurling hairballs quietly in the next room.

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:23 AM  

  • I hope that amid loving on your dear kitty cat, you also were able to have a bit of birthday cheer.
    happy belated b-day!

    By Blogger Teyani, at 11:03 AM  

  • Two forward and one back means overall better, right? Good luck with Ed. I've always had a fondness for orange boy cats, they seem so affectionate.

    By Blogger knitnzu, at 11:50 AM  

  • Beautiful shot and nice to hear Ed is coming along better.

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:28 PM  

  • :) Only a light sprain on the card. It was well worth it, love at first feel! Hi {{Ed}}!

    By Blogger Carol, at 4:20 PM  

  • I hope things work out with Ed. It's hard.

    I saw your comment on Cara's blog - glad I'm not the only one who didn't watch the Oscars & didn't know who most of those people are! :-)

    Angelia - Angelia's Knitting
    (I really need to remember to login to Google before I start leaving comments!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:24 PM  

  • Glad to hear Ed is doing well! I mean, cuddly purring and grooming is good, right? Even if vomiting is something less desirable... Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • I'm glad he got off your lap first. That was thoughtful. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 1:16 PM  

  • Poor Ed............but, purring and vomiting do take some strength...
    I'll be thinking of you and Ed.

    By Blogger christine karr, at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home