Rhymes With Fuchsia

Friday, March 02, 2007

Grumpy Old Me

I'm now on week three of The Cold That Will Not Die. Or maybe four. How can I remember anything when my brain is full of snot? Also, it's raw and overcast out, with intermittent slush. As a result, I'm not getting a whole lot of knitting done, or much of anything else, for that matter, but I did send some hats off to the lovely Kate, who probably began this endeavor not expecting quite the inundation she has received. At last count she had 845. Bartholomew Cubbins, look to your laurels.


I had hoped to make more than seven hats, but I have some more fun fur, and Taz has his annual checkup at Dana-Farber next month, and if the Jimmy Fund people recoil at the sight of them, well, they'll keep.

845 and counting. I am honored to represent a minuscule part of such an amazing effort.

Hey, I think I feel better.

6 Comments:

  • yeah, I had NO IDEA what I was getting into. :) But, i'm here, I'm in it and well, the hats will be leaving soon. :)

    :) Kate

    By Blogger Mini, at 12:50 PM  

  • The hats are great. I hope you feel better soon.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 1:24 PM  

  • I am sorry to hear you are still sick Lucia. Excellent job on the hats; it is wonderful that you are so generous of spirit - I am sure they will be well loved!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:35 PM  

  • One wonders if Kate can even move in her place after the deluge of hats. I know my 5 had yet to arrive at that 845 count. I had stuffs to knit several more but not the time and when she began to sound overwhelmed I slowed down. I'm sure I'll get another such opportunity at some point. Careful that cold doesn't morph into bronchitis or some such! Get well soon.

    By Blogger Julie, at 2:21 PM  

  • That cold is just WRETCHED! BAD cold! BAD cold! Go away!

    For someone who hates to knit with eyelash, those hats are the equavalent of the Aegean stables cleaned without waterworks. Truely heroic effort!! And oh what fun they will be to wear. Big gold star on YOUR karma report!

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:36 AM  

  • OK, I said it to Ruth, so I'll say it to you. Sweetie, it's normal to be grumpy now and then. The kids will be so grateful when the real you returns. It's a lesson in appreciation for them. If I were in charge of the universe, I would send you and Lucia to a spa that has a ecalyptus steam room and rosemary and lavendar oil massages. Moms nurse everyone else, then when Mom gets sick, no one else knows how to do the nursing. You should be pampered and tucked into a clean warm bed with soft sockies on your feet and a nice recorded book playing for you. You should have a servant sitting quietly in the corner, eager to attend your every whim. You should only get well soon.

    By Blogger roxie, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home