Rhymes With Fuchsia

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Sky: Doing It With Mirrors

Even by my standards, I've been exhibiting a remarkable degree of sloth lately, if a person who hasn't blogged in over three weeks can be said to exhibit much of anything. I attribute this primarily to the Mother of All Bug Bites, which first slithered onto my radar over Labor Day weekend in the form of a roughly two-inch-diameter, fiendishly itchy welt on my back. After being reassured that it was probably not Lyme, I went about my business, until eventually I noticed some stiffness in my right shoulder. "Just residual soreness," I thought, and continued about my business until I could barely move my right arm. This didn't so much interfere with my typing (I wish I could use that as an excuse) as addle my brain to the point of near total oblivion.

Now, however, I am on an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory, and orders to return for a follow-up in two weeks. I can't really tell if the drugs are helping yet, but I'm trying to pretend they are. To that end, herewith a sky picture, in a way.


Who knows? The next post might have actual knitting.

12 Comments:

  • Oh, that does NOT sound good. I hope you're going to be ok...
    That's a beautiful sky shot!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

  • Ack! That does not sound good. :-(

    Feel better!

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 1:03 AM  

  • Yoiks, what the heck bit you? And love that sky picture, it's gorgeous.

    By Blogger Julie, at 4:00 AM  

  • That stinks. I hope the drugs do the trick and you're feeling like yourself again very soon.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:07 AM  

  • Oh, dear, sorry about that!

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 9:43 AM  

  • Do you have brown recluse spiders in your area? Heal fast! And stay on top of those bug-bites!!

    Loved the sky picture. What mirrors? Where? Did you focus on a puddle on the asphalt?

    Great to see you back. I had begun to worry.

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:21 AM  

  • What a gorgeous picture! Is that the moon I see peeking through the leaves?

    Hope you're healing nicely, and will be able to reach and grab with abandon at Rhinebeck (I've heard stories... apparently it can get pretty wild around certain booths? ;-)

    I have a freak injury too, sustained just last night--my husband dropped a coffee mug, it shattered, and *I* was the one who got nicked by a flying shard. And it's on my mouse-clicking finger. Grrrr!

    By Blogger Beth S., at 11:25 AM  

  • I have said it before, and I will say it again. Nature is DIRTY. And it is OUT TO GET ME.

    Needless to say, I am sorry that you're feeling unwell. Rest up, feel better, and know that you're missed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • that picture is beautiful.

    i hope you feel better soon. ugh.

    By Blogger maryse, at 6:42 AM  

  • Like Julie I first thought "Gorgeous" night scene! Incredibly stunning photo. Captures a perfect fall mood.

    After my daughter came back from camp (in VT) this summer and had mysterious aches and flu like symptoms I wondered about West Nile or Lyme's, not that they could easily be tested for here in Ulster. Friends in the US insist it should be tested for early. Anyway, it all cleared up for Ems--the body has an amazing ability to heal itself most of the time. Hope all goes well for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • Came over from CAP and read a few of your posts. I will be back! Happy Anniversary (funny what a good year 1981 was, there are three 25th in my family). LOVE the blue fleece and hope no one showed up.

    By Blogger NeedleTart, at 5:10 PM  

  • Sorry you hear you're down. Hope the drugs start taking effect really soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home