Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Magic Number

The question was, of course, why didn't she put a nickel in the sandwich? Although I must say I liked all of them, especially how he got to Scollay Square and how his wife knew exactly when and where to meet his train. (Perhaps she was having an affair with the conductor and it was all a plot to keep Charlie otherwise occupied?)

And the winner is...

Shafira!

Send me an email, and we'll talk yarn.

An honorable mention is due to the delurking Ruth (not Ruth, Ruth), commenter #17, who broke my previous record and without whom I might have become the Blogger Who Never Returned. Shout it out with me:

1, 2, 3, 4,
I'm a little comment wh*re,
5, 6, 7, 8,
I love comments, they are great!


It's only fitting that a new commenter won. Now, of course, I have a bunch more great blogs to read, because I wasn't wasting enough time at work already.

Btw, Ruth, O'Brien lost, possibly spelling the beginning of the end for campaign songs. Too bad, really, because we could come up with some good ones for the upcoming elections.

(to the tune of "Oh, Susannah")

Oh, I always vote Republican, I'm Bush's biggest fan,
Since Iraq has gone so well I say let's take it to Iran.
Wimpy liberals, how could you be so wrong?
While you whine for civil liberties, those wiretaps keep us strong.


Yes, I am a Massachusetts liberal, and a snide one at that. Deal with it. The next post will contain less politics and more knitting, I promise.

5 Comments:

  • Politic away, please. I love it.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 3:31 PM  

  • Heh. I was trying to figure out how he got from Kendall to Scollay (aka Gov't Ctr) without changing trains, so I never even thought about the nickel. ;-)

    By Blogger Beth S., at 3:57 PM  

  • Comments are acknowledgement. Good comments are food of the Gods. Time for you to feast, oh Lucia the many-hatted one. I may not agree with all your politics all of the time, but I love to hear 'em!!

    By Blogger roxie, at 4:26 PM  

  • *laughs* that's awesome, I love that song. Yay political ditties.

    And yes, comments are nice - I need to leave more of them. I read every single word but forget to say, "Hey I hear you!" way too much.

    By Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn, at 12:35 PM  

  • You were asking today about the spinning group in Westford. We are going to meet the second Tuesday and fourth Thursday of every month starting this month. There's a yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/westfordspinners/
    It's from 7 - 9 PM in the Westford Museum. I plan to be there this week. It's small, informal and friendly.

    By Blogger Julie, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home