Rhymes With Fuchsia

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Walk With Me Wednesday: Waterworld Edition

Does anyone remember Walk With Me Wednesday? I haven't seen one in ages, but I'm going with it anyway, because today I thought I'd take a stroll through the nearby conservation land and show you what the brook looks like a couple of days after nine inches of rain.


I was afraid of this. At this point I considered taking my shoes off and wading, but I got cold feet, or rather the fear of them, and I decided to try going around the other way.


Parts of the path were actually dry... very small parts.


So this is the best I can do. As soon as I can get near it I'll show you the raging spate. For now, take my word for it: that lake is usually a smallish stream.

4 Comments:

  • The flooding is amazing, and we haven't even seen the worst of it. I went past a house yesterday which was sitting in water covering its foundation.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8:56 AM  

  • Very soggy - I hope you'll take us on another walk after the water goes down.

    By Blogger joyknits, at 9:23 AM  

  • Looks very similar to Wayland. I now drive through there on the way to work (on the roads that are still open).

    By Blogger Carol, at 7:18 AM  

  • We are up on a hill, so usually we miss the flooding. Last year was a very wet exception.

    By Blogger Alwen, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home