Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, August 24, 2009

Recovering

Again, seems like I'm starting every post this way lately (every post that has words, anyway), thank you, everyone, for all your kind wishes. Taz and I came home from the hospital early Saturday afternoon, and he's had no ambition since, but he looks a whole lot better. Apparently this flu can dehydrate a person very fast, and all he needed was tons of fluids. I felt a bit silly, since we could have done that at home, but everyone including the hospital staff and his pediatrician has assured me that we didn't mess up and the hospital was the right place for him at that moment.

Meanwhile, I have a slight but definite sore throat; I called my doctor's office and got put on Tamiflu, no questions asked. So far I have no other symptoms, and Grant and Miss B are fine. I've been cleared to work at home this week, as our CEO is completely paranoid about germs. That's a good thing, as long as I don't become deathly ill, of course. And our babysitter is feeling much better and will probably be able to come tomorrow, so I can devote my full attention to getting some work done.

6 Comments:

  • Good news. I hope you don't get sick (any more than your sore throat).

    By Blogger pigbook1, at 1:24 PM  

  • Thank goodness. I hope everyone feels better and/or stays healthy.

    By Blogger Cookie, at 1:32 PM  

  • Here's hoping that Tamiflu does the job.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:22 AM  

  • Oh, Lucia! We got home from vacation yesterday -- I am so sorry to hear you've had to endure this. Please get Taz better quickly, and stay well yourself.

    By Anonymous Erica, at 8:57 PM  

  • I'm glad everyone is feeling better, and I hope a sore throat is just that :-)

    By Blogger Nicole, at 10:04 PM  

  • Geez, I take my eyes off you (ok, your blog) for a minute and...

    Glad Taz is better, hope the Tamiflu kicks arse.

    By Blogger Lene Andersen, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home