Rhymes With Fuchsia

Sunday, November 01, 2009

November Already?

That's a lot scarier than the ghoulies and ghosties who came to our house last night, although some of them were pretty scary too. (No politician masks this year, though.) If it's November, that means it's almost time for the third annual Pine Street Inn Knit-a-Thon. The Pine Street Inn in Boston is best known as a homeless shelter, but they also have programs that help people move off the street permanently. The blankets we put together next Sunday will be gifts to people in the Pine Street Inn's supportive housing program.


Since I'm also working on other knitting deadlines, I've pledged to make just ten squares this year. The two in front are mine; the other three were sent to me by the utterly fabulous kmkat. I'm also leading a team of crochet assemblers, having suggested to the organizer that we could crochet some blankets together instead of seaming (since, to be perfectly blunt, I suck at the latter).

So, I know you are asking, "how can I help?" If you live in the Boston area, you can participate in the Knit-a-Thon; email me for details. If that doesn't work for you, guess what? I have a fundraising page. Give a lot or a little, but please give! Team Crochet thanks you.

4 Comments:

  • I'm in! Let me know some details like size, type of yarn, etc.

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:58 AM  

  • *Love* the squares, especially the cables on the 2nd from the front! What a great idea!

    By Blogger joyknits, at 9:00 AM  

  • You are a good woman! Need som extra squares? Or would $$ be better (if not so much fun)

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:18 AM  

  • Hey Lucia! I can't believe the Knit-A-Thon is only five days away! I am totally psyched. Looking forward to having you again, thank you so much for your continued support and involvement with Pine Street. See you Sunday.

    Best,
    Farley

    By Blogger farley, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home