Rhymes With Fuchsia

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dimensionally Challenged


As much fun as I'm having with the new camera and with Wendy, I do take time out from shooting and spinning to knit once in a while. I looked through the Walker treasuries with the intention of making a lace bookmark and hit on this pattern in the second one; it's called Wings of the Swan. You will probably notice that for a bookmark it's just a bit wide. I should frog it and pick something narrower, but I really like this pattern. Maybe I could turn it into a super-skinny scarf? Except I'm not sure how many balls of that yarn I have.

Maybe I'll use it only when consulting the New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. (The relevant word there is shorter: the NSOED is two hefty volumes, as opposed to the 20 volumes of the full OED.)

3 Comments:

  • Ohboy, I need the new shorter OED!

    Hey, off topic, I have a joke for you:

    What does CDO stand for?

    (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, in alphabetical order.) Heh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • I LOVE my NSOED! The kids just read it for fun because it comes with a magnifying glass. Then they spout obnoxious new words. So much fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

  • Drat! You keep making lace look easy! You temptress, you.

    (I love any dictionary, with or without magnifying glass.)

    By Blogger roxie, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home