Rhymes With Fuchsia

Monday, July 28, 2008

Haikai

Have you heard about the Haikai game? If you don't know what a haikai is, you can read about it here. Go on, I'll be here when you get back.

Terry started it, then passed it to Sandy, who lobbed it over to Margene, who threw it back this way to Carole, who passed it to me.

Here is the poem that landed on my blogstep:

Steam heated
Lightning splits dark skies
Dramatic summer storms.

Winds howl through the leaves
Bird clutching branches tight.

Clouds dance in circles
Clean laundry snaps on the line
Warm rain falls in sheets

Blue skies brighten the day
Time to head to the beach


And here is my contribution:

Sparkling blue-green wave
Zips me shoreward at top speed
The world's best thrill ride.


Now the question arises: who gets it next? Since no one signed up after me, I could ship it back to Terry... or, if you're interested, I could give it to you.

Update: Roxie is next, and I too eagerly await her contribution. If you want to play, head on over to her place and drop her a line.

3 Comments:

  • Me! Me! (waves hand frantically overhead, nearly peeing with eagerness.) Me! Oh I want to be next! Please,please,please!

    By Blogger roxie, at 11:27 PM  

  • Great addition to the poem!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 7:45 AM  

  • Love it!! Let's see what Roxie can add. This is fun.

    By Blogger margene, at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home